Dear Besties,
I was thinking about the next fast as far as the structure of it is concerned and what to talk/prayer/reflect on. Here's what I'm thinking for the time being.
Perhaps it would be helpful for us to begin identifying some components of our common life so as we fast and pray for wisdom and guidance we'll have some better direction to it all.
Most of us have come to know the faith through a very narrow paradigm through a window that almost exclusively focuses on personal salvation rather than a more complete picture that includes personal salvation, spiritual formation, and the work of building the Kingdom of Heaven here on earth.
Here's a list of some possible components that come to mind, it's not exclusive and can(should) definitely be added to. Some of these we already do, some we wont do for a long time.
Some possible components are worship, proximity, service, alternate economics, evangelism, discipleship, etc.
What do you all think?
love
ian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So these are the things that we are going to be praying and fasting about? Sounds good.
what about adding:
Racial reconciliation
peacemaking
sustainability
So are we looking into possibly forming a draft "rule" of life (like the "Rule of St. Benedict)? That's what I'm gathering, or did I misunderstand you?
No one's talked about a rule of life yet, and if we go that route it would have to be something that takes a long period of time for prayer/reflection/discussion, etc.
We need to get a clearer picture of what we're moving toward. Hopefully these discussions will give us that clearer picture so that if we do want to move toward a rule of life in the future we'll know a little more about what we're talking about.
I like your additions, let's go with it. Anyone have more ideas for some components to our common life?
Post a Comment